The Migrant Innovation Northern Territory (MINT) program is an initiative owned and managed by the Paspalis Group.
The MINT program assists overseas nationals who have demonstrated their commitment to supporting the NT’s innovation ecosystem by investing in the Paspalis Innovation Investment Fund No 2 (“PIIF 2”) that invests in to venture capital projects which provide an economic benefit to the Northern Territory innovation ecosystem.
The first MINT program was successfully completed in 2019, resulting in the Paspalis Innovation Investment Fund No 1 (“PIIF 1”) being opened and raising $26m establishing the first venture capital fund in the Northern Territory.
PIIF 1 is a member fund of the Australian Investment Council.
The MINT program seeks to:
- Raise start-up capital for the Northern Territory innovation ecosystem providing support for growth companies at the Darwin Innovation Hub
- Leverage visa programs managed by the Northern Territory Government
- Maintain the integrity of the Northern Territory Government Nomination programs.
- Support Nominations of those genuine applicants that will not only benefit the Northern Territory through the introduction of venture capital, but also through a population increase, filling skills shortages and undertaking business activities of benefit to the Northern Territory.
- Ensure that local Northern Territorians are not disadvantaged through the Nomination of skilled migrants.